games

Ads by Eonads banggood 18% OFF LightInTheBox Magic Cabin Hat Country LLC HearthSong 15% Off Your First Purchase! Code: WELCOME15 Stacy Adams

Santorum Corrects the Record: I'm a Fun Guy - National Journal

fun - Google News
Google News
Santorum Corrects the Record: I'm a Fun Guy - National Journal
Apr 13th 2012, 02:57

Newly retired presidential candidate Rick Santorum, in his first television interview since suspending his campaign on Tuesday, said on Fox News that his one regret is giving the impression he's "an angry, temperamental guy," when actually he's fun to go bowling with.

"Talk to anyone on my staff, my kids. That's just not who I am," Santorum told talk show host Greta Van Sustern late Thursday. "I am a passionate guy, and I can get pretty amped up and passionate. But I think I'm a pretty good guy to have around, to have a beer with or go bowling with. … When you're out there fighting for big things, you've got to put on the armor and go."

Asked about a potential endorsement for likely nominee Mitt Romney, Santorum said he had yet to speak "with the people still in the race," which include former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, neither of which has a realistic chance of winning the nomination. He indicated he may be looking for a role in the fall campaign, saying "one way or another, we're going to stay active and involved."

The former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania said he harbored no resentment against Romney, despite the avalanche of negative ads the Romney campaign ran against him in key primary states. "This was not my first rodeo," Santorum said. "I have been battered and bruised in campaigns in the past. We went through this with great spirit, felt good the whole way."

Santorum also declined to rule out a possible second run for president in the future. "There are a lot of issues I feel very deeply about that I think we introduced into the debate, and the values I talked about are the ones that resonate," he said.

Want to stay ahead of the curve? Sign up for National Journal's AM & PM Must Reads. News and analysis to ensure you don't miss a thing.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: Donate to Wikileaks.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 意見:

Post a Comment

Random article