games

Ads by Eonads banggood 18% OFF LightInTheBox Magic Cabin Hat Country LLC HearthSong 15% Off Your First Purchase! Code: WELCOME15 Stacy Adams

Rose handles 1st game back - Chicago Tribune

game - Google News
Google News
Rose handles 1st game back - Chicago Tribune
Apr 9th 2012, 15:50

By K.C. Johnson Tribune reporter

10:43 a.m. CDT, April 9, 2012

The blown game against the New York Knicks might still sting. But think of how the Chicago Bulls would feel if Derrick Rose hadn't navigated his first game back from a groin injury in fine health.

The Bulls took Monday off from practice in favor of treatment and individual workouts. Sunday evening in New York, Rose said he handled his playing time in fine fashion.

"I didn't think of my groin; I'm not worried about it," Rose said. "I felt good. I was getting my groove back. My wind was OK. Just playing felt good."

Rose would've played just shy of 34 minutes had the game not gone to overtime. As it stood, he logged close to 39, which is slightly over his season average. Coach Tom Thibodeau said in-game checks with trainer Fred Tedeschi kept all systems go.

Rose said he isn't concerned about a relapse.

"I wasn't trying to do too much," he said. "I tried to let the game come to me. My teammates did a great job of getting back into the game. The second half, I tried to be more aggressive.

"I didn't really get to the lane. When I did, I missed floaters, layups. Shots I normally hit I just wasn't hitting them. I know there will come a time."

Thibodeau also sounded as if the injury is in the past.

"I don't think he's going to change who he is," Thibodeau said. "He's going to play to his strengths. He's an attacking player.

"There is going to be some rust with the timing. What he has done in the past when he has missed time he has come back strong and picked things up very quickly."

kcjohnson@tribune.com

Twitter @kcjhoop

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: Donate to Wikileaks.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 意見:

Post a Comment

Random article